[Michlib-l] Holocaust Speaker Recommendation

Jessica Luther jluther at alpenalibrary.org
Thu Feb 24 11:03:39 EST 2022

The Alpena County George N. Fletcher Public Library hosted Holocaust
survivor, author, and educator Irene Miller in the past and she has let us
know she is ready to resume in-person events.

We had a huge turnout to hear her speak about her experiences as a child
during the Holocaust- fleeing Poland to Russia, being sent to a Siberian
work camp, and an orphanage in Uzbekistan. She was an engaging and
inspiring speaker. You can learn more about her at her website:
http://www.irenemillerspeaker.com/home She is based out of Bloomfield
Hills, so the Library provided overnight accommodations and reimbursed her
mileage from her engagement the day before, in addition to an honorarium.
Her speaking fees are flexible.

I cannot recommend her enough to have at your library, school, or other
community organization.

*Jessica Luther (she/her) *
Assistant Director *Alpena County George N. Fletcher Public Library* 211 N.
First Ave. Alpena, MI 49707 jluther at alpenalibrary.org 989.419.4236
Currently Reading
<https://www.goodreads.com/user/email_signature_destination/627527?utm_medium=reading_link&utm_source=email_signature>
[image: Book Cover]