[Michlib-l] Covid, again

Susan Wess susan.wess at milanlibrary.org
Wed Jan 5 08:51:47 EST 2022

We have had a mask mandate from the time we reopened. Plenty of signage , a sandwich board outside stating occupancy limits & mask mandate, the msg on our phone with our hours and that masks have to be worn, disposable masks available on our bulletin board in the library. Prior to reopening to the public, this was also posted on all our social media.

Although we're a class IV library, we are a smaller library. If anyone comes in without a mask, circulation or another staff member will stop  them. If they cannot or wish not to wear a mask, they're informed that while they cannot be in the library without a mask, we would be happy to bring materials out to their car.

This also applies to any repair person or our auditors when they came in.

Surprisingly, we've had only 2 people question this & it went no further. In the beginning, we were prepared to have a staff person at the door at all times & that never happened. My library board has been fully supportive &, if there was an issue I or staff couldn't resolve, we were to give the complainant the board president's contact.