[Michlib-l] Upcoming opportunity to learn about AmeriCorps positions across Michigan

Katie Wittenauer katie at micollegeaccess.org
Wed Jan 5 16:20:41 EST 2022

Happy new year from Michigan College Access Network!

I'm writing to share details about an upcoming information session that our
staff team will be offering on *Monday, Jan. 10*, to inform job-seekers
about paid service opportunities through AdviseMI, College Completion
Corps, and VISTA positions. We would be grateful for your assistance in
spreading the word about these positions focused on college access and
attainment across the state.

Below, we've included sample text for sharing the info session details
within your library community. If you prefer to share the Facebook event
from your social media page, the link can be found here
<https://fb.me/e/1thPjFn9y>.

Sample text:
*New year, new opportunity!*
*Looking for the next steps in your career? Are you interested in serving
your community? Would you like to work with students and promote college
access? Michigan College Access Network (MCAN) invites you to a virtual
information session where you can learn more about AmeriCorps service
opportunities. Service through AmeriCorps is a great way to gain skills,
build a network, and earn money for continued education.*
*In this virtual session from 1:30 to 3 p.m. on Jan. 10, staff from MCAN's
AdviseMI, College Completion Corps, and MI ECHO programs will share program
details, benefits of AmeriCorps service, and current opportunities to
serve.*
here: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZcvd-uvqDIrHNwq0UZzLy8FydhaWJ73hs2P
<https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZcvd-uvqDIrHNwq0UZzLy8FydhaWJ73hs2P>*

You can also read more about our available opportunities here
<http://servewithmcan.org>, and you can use the attached flyer or display
slide as you spread the word about serving with MCAN in your communities.

Thank you in advance for sharing these details, and please let me know if
you have any questions.

Best,
Katie

*Katie Wittenauer*