[Michlib-l] LM/MDHHS providing virtual classes from GetSetUp

White, Shannon (MDE) WhiteS29 at michigan.gov
Thu Jan 6 12:18:03 EST 2022

This is a reminder as libraries face staff shortages and limitations on services don't forget that LM and MDHHS have partnered to provide live, online, quality virtual programming that you can push out to your local community members. Below is a message about GetSetUp.

Please let us know if you have questions.

We have been receiving questions about GetSetUp and I wanted to make sure the library community in Michigan was aware of the opportunity to expand your virtual programming for older adults via this service. Please see below details about what is available for your residents from the GetSetUp partnership with MDHHS and LM.  GetSetUp classes include a wide variety of topics including live classes on technology, meditation, brain fitness, art, cooking, financial planning, aging in place, and more. Fees for classes for Michigan older adults are WAIVED using this code: MICHIGANHEALTH while booking a class.

The Library of Michigan and Michigan Department of Health and Human Services are partnering to support the ability of older Michigan residents to access live, online virtual classes on a variety of topics through GetSetUp.

LM began pushing information about GetSetUp out to the public libraries last year during COVID and we are continuing to work with them to encourage libraries to take advantage of the quality, online, virtual programming they can offer to their communities.   With staffing challenges still a concern and libraries having many commitments to make GetSetUp is a useful tool to be able to offer quality, virtual, online programming to your older patron community.

You can link to GetSetUp from your library website - https://www.getsetup.io/partner/michigan

Michigan's Ploud libraries already have access to the site set up on their web pages. For example, https://www.buchananlibrary.org/virtual-events/virtual-classes

With the end of the year approaching, here are some new and upcoming seasonal classes on GetSetUp!

Let us know if you have questions about GetSetUp.

Shannon

Shannon White
Library Development Manager
Library of Michigan, 702 W. Kalamazoo, Lansing, MI 48909
Whites29 at michigan.gov<mailto:Whites29 at michigan.gov>  517-335-1507 | www.mi.gov/libraryofmichigan<http://www.mi.gov/libraryofmichigan>
Follow us: Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/libraryofmichigan/> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/LibraryofMich> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/libraryofmichigan/>