[Michlib-l] Library of Michigan's Library Science collection is back!

Reish, Karren (MDE) ReishK at michigan.gov
Tue Jan 11 09:49:33 EST 2022

The Library of Michigan is back on MeLCat. That means our Library Science collection is available again on MeLCat! We have been buying during the pandemic so there are new titles for you to look at. Feel free to contact me with any requests to add to the collection. The collection description with links is below.

The Library Science Collection is a circulating "Librarian's Library" of professional library science books and materials. The collection serves all librarians and library types in Michigan.

If you need to find information on managing computers in libraries, supervising staff or volunteers, developing your library collection, managing digital collections, doing Storytimes, fundraising to enhance your budget, facilities management, serving special populations of patrons, standards for school libraries, etc., you can look here. The collection is wide-ranging and includes materials for public, academic and school libraries.

Anyone can borrow the materials through MeLCat or interlibrary loan. To find materials, search the Library of Michigan's catalog, ANSWER,<http://35.8.7.98/search~S37> by topic, or browse the Library Science Collection<http://35.8.7.98/screens/lmftlist.html>. If you don't find what you need, feel free to suggest a purchase by contacting Karren Reish at reishk at michigan.gov<mailto:reishk at michigan.gov>. We will continue to purchase materials for the collection so check back often to see new items too.

Use the collection to improve your services and learn new ideas. Pass the word about it to your colleagues!

This collection is made possible in part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services.

Karren Reish
Library Grants Coordinator
Library of Michigan
517-241-0021,  www.michigan.gov/lsta<http://www.michigan.gov/lsta>