[Michlib-l] Browsing Bins for Picture Books

Cathy Chesher cchesher at adrian.lib.mi.us
Wed Jan 12 16:00:43 EST 2022

Happy January Everyone,

We are contemplating swapping out our traditional spine out shelves for
browsing bins for our picture book collection.
I am interested in experiences and feedback from other Michigan libraries
that have browsing bins.

Do you like them? Do your patrons like them?
What are the pros and cons to browsing bins?
Do you have exclusively browsing bins or a combination of bins and spine
out?
If you have experience switching from the traditional spine out to the
browsing bins, how did that go?

Anything you care to share about picture book browsing bins is appreciated.
And if your library is reasonably close to Adrian, I may stop by to take a
look! I have seen plenty of this type of shelving in libraries but not from
the perspective of getting them for our library.

Thank you.
--
Cathy Chesher
Youth Services Librarian