[Michlib-l] School and Library Collaborating Card programs

Jonesville District Library jonesville at monroe.lib.mi.us
Wed Jan 19 14:19:08 EST 2022

Hi all;

If your library currently has a collaborating circulation program with your local schools, I have some questions for you.  We are looking for information about programs that include a library card (probably using the student ID) can be used at the public library.
Who takes the administration lead on this program - the school or the public library?
How are lost item costs handled?
Which organization is responsible for collecting replacement costs?
What pros and cons have your experienced with this type of program?
Any other advice about starting this type of program?
If we have more questions, can we contact you?

I will collect all the info and send it out to everyone.
Thank you in advance,
-Laura Orlowski, director
Jonesville District Library
jonesville at monroe.lib.mi.us