[Michlib-l] Join the MLA Advocacy Hour this afternoon at 3:30 PM!

Rachel Ash rfash at milibraries.org
Fri Jan 21 09:42:19 EST 2022

Good morning!

We hope you’ll join MLA today for a special Friday afternoon edition of our MLA Connect Advocacy Hour! This afternoon at 3:30 PM, we will welcome Michigan State Senator Ed McBroom and MLA Lobbyist Bob Devries for a discussion on the difference between penal fines and civil fines, and the ripple effects on library funding as a result of criminal justice reform. Join us to learn more about civil fines and penal fines, how these fines fund libraries, and the laws that surround them.

Senator McBroom represents Michigan’s 38th Senate District, located in the Upper Peninsula, and Chairs the Senate Natural Resources and Oversight Committees.

Follow the link below to register for upcoming MLA Advocacy Hours. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZcvdOCtrDsuG921ngWFgMjdNXSw4rqSDSl3

Happy Friday!
Kind regards,
Rachel

[cidimage002.png at 01D73C4D.ABEAD040]
Rachel Ash
Membership and Communications Director
Michigan Library Association
3410 Belle Chase Way, Suite 100
Lansing, MI 48911
Phone: (517) 394-2774 ext. 2
Direct:  517-881-6652 *Please note new number
milibraries.org
rfash at milibraries.org<mailto:%0bmilibraries.org%0brfash at milibraries.org>
Follow MLA on Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/MichiganLibraryAssociation> and Twitter<https://twitter.com/mlaoffice>!