[Michlib-l] Meeting Room Reservations

Jean Sanders jeanssanders at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 12:55:35 EDT 2022

We moved our meeting room reservation booking online several months ago and
it's been working well. However, we have still been calling applicants to
make sure that they are not using the meeting rooms for private parties. We
do ask people to provide a purpose for use of the room on the application
and they also must tick a box that indicates they have read the room policy
which forbids the use of rooms for private parties. Does anyone else who is
booking reservations online also make calls?  If not, have you had issues
with people using the rooms for purposes not intended?  The phone calls do
not seem like a good use of time but before we stopped doing this we wanted
to see if any other libraries have had issues with people using meeting
rooms for parties.

Thanks for the insight.

Jean Sanders
Patron Experience Manager