[Michlib-l] Upcoming Event at BPL- Man's Best Friend: Dogs in the Ancient World

Mick Howey mick.howey at baldwinlib.org
Wed Jul 6 09:55:27 EDT 2022

Hello Michlib-l,

Please join us at 3:00 PM on Saturday, July 9, 2022 for the Man’s Best
Friend: Dogs in the Ancient World event.

Dogs were the first animal humans domesticated, and have held a special
place in our societies ever since. Acting as guards, guides to the
underworld, companions and hunters, they have played many parts throughout
history. Join archaeologist Ellen Green in her return to BPL for an
exploration of what roles dogs had in the ancient world and how our canine
friends have been there for us for 29,000 years.

Ellen Green is a PhD researcher at the University of Reading in England,
specializing in human remains. Prior to her return to academia she was a
field archaeologist in London for 5 years, and she has worked on sites from
every period in the city's history. She developed a love of archaeology
through many visits to Roman ruins and castles in the UK over many
vacations, which inspired a fascination with the past. She is also a big
fan of Indiana Jones.

Tap https://tinyurl.com/mpab6f5d to register. This is a virtual event.
Registration is required to receive the Zoom link.

Hope to see you there!

Mick Howey, MLIS

Adult Services Librarian

Baldwin Public Library