[Michlib-l] Last reminder - MIX 2022 at WMU, July 29 from 9a-4p

Amanda Nichols Hess nichols at oakland.edu
Mon Jul 18 07:00:00 EDT 2022

One last reminder... *Michigan Instruction Exchange, or MIX*
<https://miala.org/mix_conference_2022.php>, is coming up on *Friday, July
29, 2022 at Western Michigan University.*

This is a low-cost ($15 registration, which includes lunch, snack, and
coffee/beverages!), informal conference for library instructors across
Michigan, MIX is an opportunity for academic, public, special, and school
librarians to gather and discuss instruction strategies, issues, and ideas.

*Our theme/question for this year is how can we increase diversity, equity,
inclusion, and accessibility in library instruction? *

*Registration
<https://www.memberleap.com/members/evr/reg_event.php?orgcode=MALA&evid=30621777>
*is
still open, and space is still available -- sign up today!

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to Dianna Sachs at
dianna.sachs at wmich.edu.

Hope you can make it!
Amanda Nichols Hess, on behalf of the MIX committee

*MIX 2022 Planning Committee:Dianna Sachs, Western Michigan UniversityKelly
Frost, Kalamazoo CollegeAmy Fyn, Eastern Michigan UniversityAmanda Nichols
Hess, Oakland University Kim Ranger, Grand Valley State UniversityAlexis
Smith, Western Michigan University*

--
Amanda Nichols Hess, Ph.D.
she / her

Oakland University Libraries
248 Kresge Library
100 Library Drive, Rochester, MI 48309-4479
(248) 370.2487 | nichols at oakland.edu

*Oakland University resides on the ancestral, traditional, and
contemporary **lands of the Anishinaabe, known as the Three Fires
Confederacy, **comprising the Ojibwe, Odawa, and Potawatomi. The land was
ceded in the **1807 Treaty of Detroit and makes up southeast Michigan.*

*In recognizing the history and respecting the sovereignty of
Michigan’s **Indian Nations,
Oakland University honors the heritage of Indigenous **communities
and their significant role in shaping the course of this region.*