[Michlib-l] Job Posting: Archivist (Part-time), Albion District Library

Cynthia Stanczak director at albionlibrary.org
Sat Jul 30 12:54:31 EDT 2022

APPLICATION PERIOD EXTENDED! *Complete applications (cover letter, resume,
ADL application) **must be received before 5:00pm on Saturday, August 13.*

Our Archivist is moving on to an exciting educational opportunity this
fall.  Therefore, Albion District Library is accepting applications for
this part-time position.

*Local History Room Archivist*
Starting wage is $16.80/hour for this part-time, hourly, non-exempt
position scheduled for approximately 25-32 hours weekly. Benefits include
paid holidays, paid sick leave (after six months), and paid vacation (after
one year).

Under the direct supervision of the Library Director, the Archivist is
responsible for the Local History Room, local history material collection
development and processing, local history and genealogy reference services
and programming, supervising/directing part-time employees and volunteers
assisting in the Local History Room, and serving as a public face of the
LHR while promoting services and collections in the community. The
Archivist also supports broader library service with regular shifts at our
patron circulation desks, as scheduled.

For more details and application instructions, view the full job
description available on our website (www.albionlibrary.org/about/employment).
Complete applications (cover letter, resume, ADL application) must be
received before 5:00pm on Saturday, August 13.  Applications will not be
accepted through Indeed.com.

Albion District Library serves a suburban and rural population of 11,500 in
beautiful Calhoun County in south-central Michigan from its home in a
modified 1919 Carnegie library building.  Located on I-94, Albion offers
quiet community living only a 25-minute drive to Battle Creek and Jackson,
or a 60-minute trip to Kalamazoo, Lansing, and Ann Arbor.  Albion has 17
parks within its 4.5 sq mile footprint, including along the Kalamazoo
River, which runs through the community.  Home to Albion College, the city
boasts a long, proud, and storied history of economic and ethnic diversity,
reflected in its murals, markers, architecture, and the
beautifully-restored historic Bohm Theatre.

For more information, please contact me at the information below.

Cynthia Stanczak, MLS (she/her)
Library Director
Albion District Library
501 S. Superior St.
Albion, MI  49224
(517) 629-3993

Albion District Library: Transforming Minds, Changing Lives.
Proudly serving our community since 1919.
Online at www.albionlibrary.org, or find us on Facebook!

*My working day may not be your working day. Please do not feel obligated
to reply to this email outside of your normal working hours.*