[Michlib-l] Reflection Rooms

Bartles, Maryanne mbartles at ci.dearborn.mi.us
Tue Mar 1 15:50:32 EST 2022

Trying to gauge how many public libraries in Michigan offer reflection/meditation rooms for the public?

A reflection room gives people the opportunity to practice their religion and/or relax for a couple of minutes in a clean area with little to no disturbances.    Giving us one large room on the third floor will be fantastic for the community and the amazingly hard-working students who have great aspirations and require an area to practice their religion and clear their minds for a couple of minutes.

I have seen many college libraries providing such rooms, but have yet to find a public library.

https://americanlibrariesmagazine.org/2018/01/02/library-meditation-rooms-space-apart/

Feel free to email the group or me directly.

Thanks in advance.

Maryanne Bartles
Library Director
Dearborn Public Library