[Michlib-l] ARSL: Submit a Proposal to Present at #ARSL2022!

Lancaster, Cathy (MDE) LancasterC5 at michigan.gov
Fri Mar 4 12:19:05 EST 2022

[https://s3.amazonaws.com/oasis-prod01-unlayer/1644948373513-arsl2022.png]

Request for Program Proposals Now Open

ARSL Wants YOU at #ARSL2022!

Small libraries are some of the most creative, innovative spaces around - and the ARSL Conference is your place to shine! Submit a speaker proposal for the 2022 conference to highlight unique programs, collections, and initiatives your library has worked on during the last year.

Our conference theme is "Connecting at the Crossroads: On Track to Real Change." Our paths will converge this fall in Chattanooga, a city situated at the crossroads of highways, historic railroads, and the Tennessee River. Looking back at where we've come from, we will lay tracks toward where we want to be. We'll ask ourselves who we are, what we value, and what changes small and large we can bring back to our libraries. Together, we can work toward change that is real, sustainable, and equitable.

We're seeking proposals on all topics relevant to small and rural libraries, from practical how-to sessions to broader explorations of the changing library landscape.

Submit here<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeXjhR2cueh8slWlNnpggZMZLvGi1IJsDsCgxJ8d9TXS2VmqA/viewform>, one form per program. Due to the volume received, please limit yourself to four (4) program proposals total.

ARSL Conference<https://www.arsl.org/2022-conference>
Important Dates

Registration

June 14, 2022: Early Bird In-Person Registration opens; Virtual Registration opens

July 26, 2022: Early Bird In-Person Registration closes; Regular In-Person Registration opens

Conference Hotels

Open Now: Booking opens for all conference hotels

August 16, 2022: Booking deadline for all conference hotels

Session Proposals

March 1, 2022: Conference session RFP opens

April 12, 2022: Conference session RFP closes

2022 Conference Gear on Sale Beginning March 15!

Cathy Lancaster
Youth Services Coordinator
Library of Michigan
702 W. Kalamazoo St.
Lansing, MI 48915
My Pronouns: She/Her/Hers - See www.mypronouns.org<http://www.mypronouns.org/> to learn more.
LancasterC5 at michigan.gov<mailto:LancasterC5 at michigan.gov> | 517-335-8129 | www.mi.gov/libraryofmichigan<http://www.mi.gov/libraryofmichigan>
Follow us: Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/libraryofmichigan/> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/libraryofmich> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/libraryofmichigan/>

Join the MiYouth<https://gcc01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fmail2.mcls.org%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2Fmiyouth&data=02%7C01%7CNorrisS2%40michigan.gov%7Caf51448f1e92415533aa08d6f4b53328%7Cd5fb7087377742ad966a892ef47225d1%7C0%7C0%7C636965456410852648&sdata=nModcBWFyzGoDGK%2FtwsSeAXV%2F85AQKEtzzQQj%2FV%2B5fM%3D&reserved=0> Listserv, created for Michigan public library staff to share and discuss children and teen programming and services.

Having a diverse selection of reading materials for all ages builds literacy skills, engagement, and greater understanding.
[cid:image001.png at 01D82FC2.09D05A00]