[Michlib-l] Monday, 3/7's TikTalk Roundtable Recording

Katie Rothley krothley at northvillelibrary.org
Mon Mar 14 09:21:38 EDT 2022

Happy Monday everyone!

Here is all of the info from last week's informal gathering; Natalie and I want to thank everyone who attended and shared their own experiences. We hope it was helpful and we're looking forward to meeting again in May! We are thinking Monday, May 2 at 10am. We'll have an agenda this time: feel free to send me topics and questions. Summer Reading social media content/campaign will be on the list.

Just a brief run-down of our meeting: TikTok is beneficial to use in libraries because it is primarily used by youth in the tween & teen age groups, although adults are starting to join. Having a personal account is better than the business account because of the music restrictions (business accounts provide analytics). Use TikTok to engage with the community by sharing the patron experience (relating/funny), using TikTok trends, and showcasing behind the scenes at the Library (unboxing, processing & other things we do). BookTok is also incredibly popular and successful. Most libraries that have TikTok record and edit using their phones and the TikTok app, but other libraries use Canva, Premiere Pro, and a small smattering of other software. Social Media Policies are starting to include TikTok. Editorial Calendars were shared. Content ideas were shared. It's time consuming but important to reach the younger audiences.

Recording link: [ https://youtu.be/iQ91Z_I8IFI | https://youtu.be/iQ91Z_I8IFI ]

Chat: [ https://docs.google.com/document/d/15U34oSqLbcu9kj6QU6Kot-D39fPFMgIiPlCOkQfxx3c/edit?usp=sharing | https://docs.google.com/document/d/15U34oSqLbcu9kj6QU6Kot-D39fPFMgIiPlCOkQfxx3c/edit?usp=sharing ]

Google sheets link: [ https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xaGCpk0JUSsNYuO-GfaS_FMFOpid7x5Gz6ABB3TikLg/edit?usp=sharing | https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xaGCpk0JUSsNYuO-GfaS_FMFOpid7x5Gz6ABB3TikLg/edit?usp=sharing ]

Please feel free to contact Natalie and I, we don't mind at all. We're not TikTok Masters, but we're happy to talk anytime.

Katie Rothley, MLIS
Marketing & Public Relations Librarian
Northville District Library
212 West Cady Street