[Michlib-l] Library Director searches

Nannette Miller erlib.director at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 13:44:43 EDT 2022

Hello Library Land!
I recently announced my retirement from the Elk Rapids District Library
(😁) and the board is asking my advice about a director search. I've never
been on this end of one, so I'm asking you all for help. Given the unique
challenges in Elk Rapids, would it be better to hire a professional search
firm even though we are only a Class II library? How many of you have done
so, who did you work with, and how much did it cost? Did you add community
members to your search committee?

Thank you so much for your collective wisdom over the years. I will miss my
tribe of librarians!

Nannette Miller

--

Nannette Miller | Director