[Michlib-l] We ARE Building a Library

Dennis Hillers dhillers at tln.lib.mi.us
Fri Mar 18 13:50:40 EDT 2022

Hello to everyone

We were briefed last Thursday by Congresswoman Elissa Slotkin and her Staff last Thursday that our Federal Grant under the Community Funded Projects provision of the 2022 Federal Budget was approved.

We are receiving a $500, 000 Appropriation to match our current building fund so that we can start planning to begin breaking ground on our new library sometime later this summer or early fall.

My Board and I are completely psyched and thrilled by this development and thank our patrons who wrote letters to Congress and thank them for their support over the many years this project has been a dream.
We are grateful to Ms. Slotkin and Ms. Laura Murphy, her Field Representative for their support and belief in us.

We are still facing final zoning and site plan approval before the Addison Township Board next week, but we believe that we have all our legwork done on that as well.

We are still accepting donations for Buy-a-Brick from the community. ...but we have crossed our boundary toward breaking ground...

This will be the first ever building this library owns. It will be across the street at 1501 Rochester Road.

Yay!

Dennis Hillers, MSLIS
Director
Addison Township Public Library