[Michlib-l] The Heirloom Gardener - Traditional Plants and Skills (Virtual), 3/21/22 @ 6:30pm

Meg Bruce mbruce at ltpl.org
Fri Mar 18 15:58:53 EDT 2022

Please share this virtual event with your library staff and community!

Join the Lyon Township Public Library via Zoom on Monday, March 21 at
6:30pm for *The Heirloom Gardener - Traditional Plants and Skills*.

Registration is required on the Lyon Township Public Library's website
here: https://lyon.assabetinteractive.com/calendar/ltpl-grows-program-4/

Once registered, you will receive the Zoom meeting link.

The Heirloom Gardener - Traditional Plants and Skills draws from John
Forti's new book *The Heirloom Gardener*. Richly illustrated with period
images and contemporary woodcuts, his book shares inspiration for the
modern world from our long history of heirloom preservation, garden craft
and homestead lifeways. Artisanal gardening lifestyles are helping us to
rebuild vibrant local agricultural economies and celebrate sustainable
cottage industries that are contributing to our new, homegrown American
arts & crafts movement and backyard environmentalism. At a time when we
could all use a little good news, we hope you will join us for a refreshing
look at how you can make a difference and build habitat in your own
backyard and community.

This program is co-sponsored by the Four Seasons Garden Club of South Lyon.

Hope to see you Monday!

--
Meg Bruce
Marketing & Outreach Librarian