[Michlib-l] Program recommendation: Tom Carr MI true crime author

David Stokes dstokes at milfordlibrary.info
Tue Mar 22 10:26:41 EDT 2022

Hello there,

Last night we hosted Michigan true crime author Tom Carr to discuss the 3rd
and latest book  in his "Blood on the Mitten" series:  *Dark Side of the
Mitten: Crimes of Power & Powerful Criminals in Michigan's Past & Present. *

We'd had Tom out twice before:  in the fall of 2017 for his 1st book *Blood
on the Mitten*, and in the fall of 2019 for his 2nd book *MI Bad*..
Last night we had a modest-sized crowd, which is most likely attributable
to the fact that we've only recently resumed in-person programs here.
His previous presentations in the past, however, were well-attended.

If you've not had Tom out before he's very personable, knowledgeable and
easy to work with.
Not to mention, you usually can't go wrong with true crime programs as it's
a popular interest.

David M. Stokes
Adult Services Librarian
Adult Services Dept.