[Michlib-l] Celebrating AAPI Heritage Month with JDL's Culinary Heritage Panel!

Hashimoto, Sarah HashimotoS at myjdl.com
Thu May 19 10:13:06 EDT 2022

Hi everyone,

I am delighted to announce that in celebration of AAPI Heritage Month, Jackson District Library is presenting a panel on culinary heritage in Asian American and Pacific Islander communities. We are honored to welcome five distinguished panelists from across the country-Danilo M. Baylen (University of West Georgia), Tina Chan (MIT Libraries), Brian D. Leaf (NNLM Region 3), Charisma Lee (DC Public Library), and Touger Vang (Montgomery Community College). Anna Clark, JDL's Community Engagement Coordinator, will be moderating the event. I've had a sneak peek of the presentation, and it truly illuminating, engaging, and a lot of fun.

I hope that you'll be able to join us for the live (on Zoom) event, but if not, make sure to check out the link and view it in your own time. Here's the link to the event page: https://jacks-cep.bc.sirsidynix.net/event/aapi-culinary-panel/

I hope that you're having a wonderful AAPI Heritage Month--thank you for all that you do!

~Sarah

Sarah Hashimoto (she, her)
Community Engagement Manager
Jackson District Library