[Michlib-l] Looking for a book

Jan Gillis jgillis at lib.lapeer.org
Tue May 24 17:48:24 EDT 2022

Thank you in advance to all you helpful librarians out there!

I have a patron looking for a book they read in highschool around 2016-2017
so it was published at least 5 years ago. It was part of an english class
and they can't remember the author or the title. They do not remember if it
was a memoir or fiction.

The story is about an introverted teen boy who cares for his
disabled father. He starts attending group therapy at school but one of the
kids in the group reports him to CPS and the boy ends up in foster care.

The patron thinks the cover was mostly black with white writing and some
color or a picture.

That's all I have. Any help in identifying the book would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks!

--
Jan Gillis