[Michlib-l] Author Visits Michigan list available

Jean Fellows progcoord at gladl.org
Wed Nov 9 10:31:40 EST 2022

MIchelle: Do you have contact info/email/website for her?

On Wed, Nov 9, 2022 at 10:16 AM Michelle Frost via Michlib-l <
michlib-l at mcls.org> wrote:

> We just recently had Helen Frost. She is an award winning author. We
> featured her book, "Monarch and Milkweed". The Migrating Monarch is on the
> endangered species list. She also brought milkweed seeds and pods to give
> to the families. Right now is the perfect time to plant the seeds. She
> lives in Fort Wayne, Indiana. The children and their families loved her.
> She did a really good job. I highly recommend her.
>

> On Wed, Nov 9, 2022 at 8:20 AM Shutta Crum via Michlib-l <
> michlib-l at mcls.org> wrote:
>
>> Jessica (and all other schools/libraries looking for authors);
>>
>> The Michigan Chapter of the Soc. of Children's book Authors &
>> Illustrators has a LONG list of authors or illustrators who do school
>> visits. You can narrow the search by age of audience, or just do all of
>> Michigan.
>>
>> Here's the link: https://www.scbwi.org/speakers-bureau/    Many great
>> authors are members:  Debbie Diesen, Lis Wheels, Nancy Shaw, Heidi
>> Sheffield, etc., etc.
>>
>> Keep the list handy and let others know about it.
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Shutta
>>
>> On Tue, Nov 8, 2022, 1:30 PM Jessica Rivett via Michlib-l <
>> michlib-l at mcls.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Our local elementary school reached out to us asking for suggestions for
>>> children authors that could come to the elementary school for a program. We
>>> would appreciate any suggestions or recommendations for children authors
>>> that do school visits.
>>>
>>> Thank you!!!
>>> Jessica
>>>
>>> --
>>> Jessica Rivett, Co-Director
>>> Sandusky District Library
>>> 55 East Sanilac Rd
>>> Sandusky, MI 48471
>>> Phone: 810.648.2644
>>> http://sandusky.lib.mi.us/

> --
> *Best Regards,*
> *Michelle Frost*
> Sturgis District Library
> Children & Youth Services Librarian
> 269.659.7224  ext. 2513

Jean Fellows
(she/hers)
Programming Coordinator
Grand Ledge Area District Library
131 E. Jefferson St.,
Grand Ledge, MI 48837
517-627-7014

*The Grand Ledge Area District Library is situated on ancestral,
traditional and contemporary lands of the Anishinaabeg – Three Fires
Confederacy of Ojibwe, Odawa and Potawatomi peoples land ceded in the 1819
Treaty of Saginaw.*