[Michlib-l] Clarification regarding large-format printer for StoryWalk project

Heather Harrison hharrison at thegdl.org
Thu Nov 10 15:11:55 EST 2022

Just for clarification: I will not be printing the books/stories themselves, but rather using the large-format printer to print footers for display pages, as well as Intro and Ending display pages. Thanks!

I'm in the process of planning a StoryWalk(r) for our district and I'm looking at the possibility of a large-format printer for this purpose. I'm curious if anyone has experience and suggestions on a brand/model of large-format printer that works well and is relatively easy to use. I need one that can accommodate 18x24 inch rolls of paper. How often do you need to change your ink cartridges, as I will likely have at least two StoryWalk(r) locations and potentially three in the future. Do you use the printer for projects other than Story Walks, posters, banners? We were thinking of using it to create large coloring sheets for group coloring.

Thanks,
Heather

Heather Harrison
Youth Services Librarian