[Michlib-l] Job Posting: FT Youth Librarian Portage District Library

Laura Wright LWright at portagelibrary.info
Thu Oct 6 18:36:29 EDT 2022

Position - Full Time Youth Librarian

Location - Portage District Library, Portage, Michigan

Salary Range - $44,410 - $61,474

We're looking for a creative team player who is especially passionate about serving our youngest library users, from birth to lower elementary. As a member of our Youth Services staff, you will share responsibilities for outreach and programming geared toward children lower elementary age and younger, while providing reference services and collections to children, teenagers, and families.

Portage is a community of around 54,000 people located just south of Kalamazoo.  The library was recently renovated (reopened in May 2022), and one of our main priorities in the redesign was increasing our space for our youngest visitors and their families.  We're well supported by our community, and since our reopening we have had some of our most active months for circulation, programming, and visitors.  We're busy innovators with good connections to our community, families, and schools.  We just need you!  You would be partnering with a fellow librarian whose focus is also the preschool age group, creating storytimes, visiting preschools, and developing family events.  In addition, you would work a busy reference desk in our Youth Area and help build youth collections.  There is plenty of room to grow and make this job your own!

Job Requirements -

  *   The job requires a Master's degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited institution (received by end of 2022)
  *   One year of child-centered experience preferred
  *   Library of Michigan Professional Certificate

For the application and additional information, click here  https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/All/98e08591-fab4-401b-a4ed-13e49ba884b4/Portage-District-Library

Laura Wright
Head of Youth Services
Portage District Library