[Michlib-l] Program Recommendation: Nectar & Thorns by Raymond Goodwin

Natalie Nowak nnowak at superiordistrictlibrary.org
Fri Oct 14 10:09:31 EDT 2022

Good morning all!

How often do you have the chance to schedule a thespian and a professional dancer at your library? Ray Goodwin reached out to me interested in presenting his solo play entitled, Nectar & Thorns. He travels with a fellow artist, Kathryn Zettel (as her schedule allows), so she incorporates original dance and original music with his play. It is really incredible to see!

Nectar & Thorns is the story of three young adults traversing the Cold War era with many references and recollections about the Vietnam War. Ray blends a love story beautifully into this plot without taking away from the importance of the topic. While some material may be sensitive to some patrons, we did not have any objections or problems. I simply added into the marketing for this program that if anyone needs to leave during a sensitive moment in the play, we recommend they sit in the back so they can leave quickly and easily.

If you have any more questions for me about this program, I'd be happy to answer! I really encourage you to give this a shot - it is a unique program offering!

You can reach Ray at stolenmill at hotmail.com.

Natalie Nowak
Adult Programming and Marketing
Bayliss Public Library
Currently Reading: The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat  by Oliver Sacks