[Michlib-l] Program Recommendation: Tammie Rain Hayes

Natalie Nowak nnowak at superiordistrictlibrary.org
Wed Oct 19 16:20:53 EDT 2022

Good afternoon all,

I know you've seen Tammie's name floating around on Michlib-l recently, and for good reason. Bayliss Library hosted her last night for a sound healing and she spent about two hours here with us. One whole hour was hearing the sounds of her instruments and the other was dedicated to talking about our experiences and her giving us lots of great information about the instruments, her travels, her background, etc. I was very impressed with her program, and I think that this was very beneficial for those who attended.

The things that stood out most to be were how easy Tammie was to work with before the program, how kindly and respectfully she treated our patrons, and the quality of the program itself. Although there were others in the room, I have to say that this felt like a one-on-one therapeutic session; she gave personalized attention to each person and everyone was respectful of each other's space and silence.

I would highly recommend Tammie to visit your library to give your community a "taste" of an experience they may have never had access to. Even now, it can be difficult for some to reach the treatment that they want due to location or price - providing this program at no cost or low cost to the public can really reach people who need it, and I can say with certainty that everyone who attends will be very thankful for it!

If you have any questions about how our program went, let me know. Otherwise, you can contact Tammie at hayesartstudio at gmail.com.

Natalie Nowak
Adult Programming and Marketing
Bayliss Public Library
Currently Reading: The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat  by Oliver Sacks