[Michlib-l] Job Posting - Library Assistant, Cranbrook Kingswood Upper School

Judy Dyki JDyki at cranbrook.edu
Thu Oct 20 16:49:19 EDT 2022

Library Assistant

Founded by Detroit philanthropists George and Ellen Booth in 1904, the Cranbrook Educational Community is one of the world's leading centers of education, science, and art. Comprised of a graduate Academy of Art, contemporary Art Museum, House and Gardens, Institute of Science, and more than 1,600 students attending our Pre-K through 12 independent college preparatory Schools, Cranbrook welcomes thousands of visitors and students to its campus each year. Critics have called Cranbrook "the most enchanted and enchanting setting in America" and in 1989, it was designated a National Historic Landmark. The campus is located in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, about 20 miles north of Detroit. For more, please visit our website: www.cranbrook.edu<http://www.cranbrook.edu>.

Cranbrook Kingswood Upper School is seeking a detail-oriented, personable, and collaborative Library Assistant to manage one campus of the Upper School library.

Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:

The Library Assistant reports to the Head Librarian and manages the day-to-day operations of one library, including supervision of students, when the Librarian is absent. The Library Assistant manages circulation and inventory of collection materials, assists with correspondence, assists with physical and virtual resource guides, works with the cataloger, and supports students with IT needs.

Additionally, the successful candidate has a demonstrated commitment to work in a diverse and inclusive community, to commit to making a positive impact on the lives of adolescents, to set a positive tone, and to treat students as individuals within the context of a broader community.

Requirements:

  *   This position requires a high school diploma or GED with additional training and experience with academic or school libraries preferred.
  *   Must be proficient with library circulation systems (SirsiDynix Horizon), skilled with Microsoft Office programs, and experienced with multiple internet browsers. The ability to prioritize multiple projects is also needed.
  *   Familiarity with LibGuides, Microsoft Teams, young adult literature, and the Dewey Decimal System is ideal.
  *   Excellent interpersonal skills and enthusiasm for working with both adolescents and adults are expected.

Cranbrook offers competitive compensation and benefits that include medical, dental, life insurance, long-term and short-term disability, and retirement programs with employer contribution. We also offer generous paid time off, 11 paid holidays and 3 floating holidays, employee discounts, and a unique environment in an educational setting that values collaboration.

For consideration, please submit a resume and completed Employee Application to: Cranbrook - HR, P.O. Box 801, Bloomfield Hills, MI 48303-0801, or email humanresources at cranbrook.edu<mailto:humanresources at cranbrook.edu> or fax (248) 645-3014. Our applications can be downloaded from the Employment page of our website at www.cranbrook.edu/employment<http://www.cranbrook.edu/employment>.

(Please note that a fully completed employment application is required for consideration.)