[Michlib-l] Podcast

Katie Rothley krothley at northvillelibrary.org
Thu Oct 20 21:53:18 EDT 2022

Hey Laura,

I'm happy to help out any time I have available.

Here's what I've been using:

Zoom to record meetings. The audio tends to sound better in zoom than using the recording function on my laptop or anchor, for some reason.
Microphone: [ https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Y1C6GDS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 | https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Y1C6GDS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1.  ]
You really don't have to get this one, there are other options with the screen to cut down on breath sounds in the recordings.
Editing the audio: soundtrap.com
RSS.com: for hosting the podcast but you can also use anchor. RSS pushes the distribution out to multiple channels automatically. I don't know enough about Anchor but I bet it does the same thing.
Soundtrap has free music in the public domain for the intro and outro; I used the same song and alot of the podcasts I've been listening to do that too. I make sure to credit the composer if there is one in the show notes.
I wear headphones too. You can just use earbuds, but I got these nice headphones on amazon: [ https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0979NBS9G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 | https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0979NBS9G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ]
I recorded an intro separately and an outro separately, and then just reuse it each time, but some podcasters do the intro live with their the actual audio for their show. I've noticed some podcasters update it every once in awhile!

Hope this helps! Let me know if you need anything.

Katie Rothley, MLIS
Marketing & Public Relations Librarian
Northville District Library
212 West Cady Street