[Michlib-l] Question: public library reference in Michigan prisons

Meghan McGowan dx7880 at wayne.edu
Tue Oct 25 10:06:33 EDT 2022

Hello!

Happy fall everyone! My colleague and I are working on a project about reference services in Michigan prisons and we are hoping to get a feel for what current partnerships exist between public libraries and prison libraries. We are curious if you or your system has had success in forming a partnership to formally provide services to a prison in Michigan or if you've been able to provide reference services via answer letters, etc?

If not presently, has this been successful in the past? If you've tried and not been successful, could you briefly share what the barriers have been?

Thank you for your time and consideration,
Meghan McGowan

Meghan McGowan, MA, MLIS
she | they (what's this?)<https://www.mypronouns.org/>
Librarian for Public Health (CLAS), Nutrition and Food Science, and Kinesiology, Health and Sports Studies

Schedule an appointment via Zoom<https://wayne.libcal.com/appointments/zoom?u=102271>