[Michlib-l] Don't forget to register for the 2022 Mary Calletto Rife Youth Literature Seminar!

Farrell Howe FarrellH at kpl.gov
Fri Oct 28 11:33:53 EDT 2022

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D8EAC0.44489EE0]<http://www.kpl.gov/yls>

2022 Mary Calletto Rife
Youth Literature Seminar
Activism, Advocacy, and History in Youth Literature
November 4, 2022 | 9 am–3 pm | Zoom
FREE! | Registration is Now Open<https://www.kpl.gov/event/45th-annual-mary-calletto-rife-youth-literature-seminar/>!<https://www.kpl.gov/event/45th-annual-mary-calletto-rife-youth-literature-seminar/>

Featuring Award-Winning Authors
Ruta Sepetys<https://rutasepetys.com/>, Kyle Lukoff<http://www.kylelukoff.com/>, and Ruth Forman<https://www.ruthforman.com/>.

Greetings from Kalamazoo Public Library<http://www.kpl.gov/yls>!<http://www.kpl.gov/> We are reaching out to you because you attended previous Youth Literature Seminars, or we think this event is perfect for you! The 45th Annual Mary Calletto Rife Youth Literature Seminar is being held online, is FREE, and is open to the public. Please share this email with anyone you feel may be interested in attending. Thank you!

About the 2022 YLS: Activism, Advocacy
and History in Youth Literature

Join us for our 45th Annual Mary Calletto Rife Youth Literature Seminar where we celebrate activism and taking a stand through children’s literature.

We are so excited to hear from Kyle Lukoff<http://www.kylelukoff.com/>, Ruth Forman<https://www.ruthforman.com/>, and Ruta Sepetys<https://rutasepetys.com/> this year! The day will include author keynotes and multiple breakout sessions. Celebrate activism, advocacy, and history through youth literature together in this day-long seminar geared towards educators, students, and anyone with an interest in youth literature. The Mary Calletto Rife Youth Literature Seminar is a long-standing tradition at Kalamazoo Public Library. The seminar is named after Kalamazoo Children’s Librarian, Mary Calletto Rife. Mary created a legacy of sharing books with children and we are honored to celebrate her work every November by bringing award-winning authors to Kalamazoo.

This event is free and open to the public.

Visit the 2022 Mary Calletto Rife Youth Literature Seminar <http://www.kpl.gov/yls> webpage to learn more about our featured speakers, breakout sessions, and schedule.

Space will fill up fast, so register today<https://www.kpl.gov/event/45th-annual-mary-calletto-rife-youth-literature-seminar/>!