[Michlib-l] Today is the last day to register for tomorrow's hybrid TLN ASC Diversity Audit Workshop

Katie Rothley krothley at northvillelibrary.org
Tue Sep 6 09:33:36 EDT 2022

Hello everyone!

Registration for this hybrid event closes today at 5 PM. After 5 PM we will not be accepting any more registrations.

If you registered to attend virtually, you should have immediately received a link to join us via Zoom. If you did not, please let me know.

Currently, masks are not required but will be available for anyone who would like to wear one at the Plymouth District Library.
.
.
.
The Library Network (TLN) Adult Services Committee invites you to register to attend our first ever hybrid annual professional development workshop on Wednesday, September 7 starting at 9 AM (check-in starts at 8:30 AM) and ending at 1 PM, virtually through Zoom or in person at the Plymouth District Library: 223 S Main St, Plymouth, MI 48170. Anyone is welcome to attend. There will be snacks for those attending in person, TLN swag for everyone, and door prizes for a random lucky few! Those attending virtually may receive TLN swag by expressing their interest; we will be using the TLN system or RIDES to convey your workshop swag to you!

Registration is required on TLN's website [ https://tln.org/events/EventDetails.aspx?id=1664949 | here ] , and is $15 for member libraries of TLN, and $25 for non-members of TLN. Zoom links will be emailed to you once registration is completed. There will be a recording available the day following the workshop and will be housed on the TLN website. An announcement email will be sent out once it is posted. There will be a voluntary survey available to complete once the workshop has concluded, in person and virtually; please provide us with feedback!

*For those planning to attend virtually, there will be a waiting room so please make sure to edit your Zoom account name ahead of time to exactly match the name you registered with, along with your Library (full name or abbreviated) to help us ensure only registrants are permitted into the meeting to mitigate zoom bombs.

This year's focus is on Diversity Audits: what it is, how to plan and execute one, and what to do after you have analyzed the results. We have some wonderful presenters lined up:

    * Holly Hibner is the Adult Services Coordinator for the Plymouth District Library in Plymouth, MI. She is the co-founder of [ https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__awfullibrarybooks.net&d=DwMFaQ&c=euGZstcaTDllvimEN8b7jXrwqOf-v5A_CdpgnVfiiMM&r=gNt6vcPcmPxQo8GSM9YEsXCZqrrY9BzmUPgovVH_RCg&m=WQt7JaBT_-2_-2YY8OS9D_LNqRPCPblVbwLzWsil1O4&s=xYSPVuYafZIRRF7xHxCh1Kdj6rDlPX3gD9e2s8cO-bU&e= ] [ https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__awfullibrarybooks.net&d=DwQFaQ&c=euGZstcaTDllvimEN8b7jXrwqOf-v5A_CdpgnVfiiMM&r=gNt6vcPcmPxQo8GSM9YEsXCZqrrY9BzmUPgovVH_RCg&m=WQt7JaBT_-2_-2YY8OS9D_LNqRPCPblVbwLzWsil1O4&s=xYSPVuYafZIRRF7xHxCh1Kdj6rDlPX3gD9e2s8cO-bU&e= | awfullibrarybooks.net ] and co-author of Making a Collection Count: A Holistic Approach to Library Collection Management . She is also an adjunct professor for the Wayne State University School of Information.

    *
Melissa Gonzalez works at the University of West Florida as the Collection Development Coordinator and specializes in these academic subjects: anthropology, sociology, cultures, arts, diversity and social justice, history, philosophy, religion, politics and government.

    *
Kymberlee Powe is the Children and Young Adult Consultant with the Connecticut State Library and currently works at the West Haven Public Library as the Head of Youth and Teen Services. She is also a member of the Connecticut Library Association's board, and is a co-chair of the Children's Division in CLA. She is responsible for a series of professional development workshops called Growing Equitable Library Services.

We look forward to seeing you tomorrow, Wednesday, September 7 at 9 AM! Feel welcome to contact me with any questions, comments, or concerns. My contact information is in my signature below.
Thank you to Plymouth District Library for hosting us in person, thanks to my subcommittee members Sarah and Barb for all of the work they did on planning this, and thank you to TLN for managing the registrations and Zoom, marketing on their website, and supporting our professional development! I especially want to thank: Steve, Brigette and Andrea. from TLN!

Katie Rothley, MLIS
Marketing & Public Relations Librarian
Northville District Library
212 West Cady Street