[Michlib-l] Patrons with Print Disabilities

Wambaugh, Stephanie (LEO) WambaughS at michigan.gov
Fri Sep 16 10:57:17 EDT 2022

In honor of Library Card Sign-up Month this September, we want to help you get your patrons with disabilities the materials they need to keep reading.

Do you have a patron that is always browsing your large print collection, but even the larger font has started to prove difficult?
Do you have a patron that has read all your audio books?
Do you have a patron that utilizes a mobility aid?
Do you have a patron that has recently had a stroke or debilitating health event?
Do you have a patron with a reading disability?

If you work in a public library, chances are the answer is yes to at least one of these questions. And if so, the Braille and Talking Book Library<https://www.michigan.gov/leo/bureaus-agencies/bureau-of-services-for-blind-persons/btbl/application-for-service> is here to provide a valuable resource for FREE to your community. We have over 125,000 audio and braille books in our collection for Michiganders that have trouble reading regular print books because of a disability. As a librarian, you can even certify the application<https://www.michigan.gov/leo/bureaus-agencies/bureau-of-services-for-blind-persons/btbl/application-for-service> on behalf of your patron.

So if your library is looking for an easy, free partnership that's accessible and convenient, look no further. Contact me directly for more information.

Stephanie Wambaugh, Librarian 12
Team Lead and Outreach Services
Michigan Braille and Talking Book Library (BTBL)
Bureau of Services for Blind Persons
P.O. Box 30007
702 W. Kalamazoo St.
Lansing, MI 48909
Phone: 1-800-992-9012
Fax: 1-517-284-2885
wambaughs at michigan.gov<mailto:wambaughs at michigan.gov>

LEGAL NOTICE: This email is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain privileged and confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or duplication of this email is expressly prohibited. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately, delete the email from your computer, and do not copy or disclose it to anyone else. Your receipt of this message is not intended to waive any applicable legal privilege and does not constitute an electronic signature or provide consent to contract electronically.