[Michlib-l] Mini-golf at the library?

Jo Angela Oehrli jooehrli at umich.edu
Fri Sep 16 12:40:17 EDT 2022

Maggie and Jean,

The University of Michigan-Ann Arbor Library has a Welcome Week event
called Party for Your Mind which includes many simultaneous activities
throughout the library in a 2 hour time block.  We do things like book
making, board gaming, video gaming on large screens, and have even put
together some escape rooms in the building.  We also had food.  One of the
activities the students have done in the past was indoor mini-golf.  I
asked the coordinators of that event for their advice and here is what they
said.

*Angie, we used Acme Partyworks. *
*https://acmepartyworks.com/* <https://acmepartyworks.com/>

*We have not done this for a number of years--it was fun and the students
enjoyed it, but it's a little bit expensive and the logistics in terms of
the company dropping off the equipment and then storing the equipment
before and after the event was a little complicated. We had tons of other
activities so this got dropped.  *

You may not have the same constraints that we did.  On the other hand, Novi
is nowhere near Spring Lake.

Good luck with your fundraising!

Angie

On Fri, Sep 16, 2022 at 10:18 AM Jean Fellows via Michlib-l <
michlib-l at mcls.org> wrote:

> I think this sounds like a great idea-- would love to hear more!
>
> On Fri, Sep 16, 2022 at 10:11 AM Maggie McKeithan via Michlib-l <
> michlib-l at mcls.org> wrote:
>
>> My Friends group is exploring the idea of mini-golf through the stacks as
>> a fundraiser. If you've done this before, I would love any pros/cons about
>> it.
>>
>> I'm also looking for recommendations for a company that would come in to
>> set up the course, provide the putters/balls, etc. or if you did it
>> yourself.
>>
>> Any resources would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Maggie
>>
>> Maggie McKeithan
>> Library Director
>> she/her
>> (616) 846-5770 x1161
>> 123 E. Exchange, Spring Lake, Michigan 49456
>>
>> [image: facebook icon]
>> <https://www.facebook.com/SpringLakeDistrictLibrary/> [image: instagram
>> icon] <https://www.instagram.com/springlakedistrictlibrary/>
>> sllib.org