[Michlib-l] Recorded presentation about social media policies and practices

Kristin Fontichiaro font at umich.edu
Wed Sep 21 20:01:00 EDT 2022

Hello, everyone!

I am delighted to share with you a link to a presentation about social
media practices and policies led by Thomas Fladung of Hennes
Communications, an Ohio crisis management firm. He spoke with a small group
about creating good social media policies, some basics on responding to
social media unpleasantness, the return of yellow journalism, and
common-sense information literacy practices we can use -- and share with
our patrons as well!

Most of us in LibraryLand are great generalists, but it is really useful to
hear from someone who specializes in responding to unpleasantness and
crises in the social media square, so I hope this presentation will bring
you some encouragement and support as we all work to strengthen our
institution's role in the community.

   - YouTube video <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFBCgQ_jz-0>
   - Unedited transcript of the presentation
   <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gXQH4qF9gQG_jBm_YB4GRxJgouYD32Ik75Zil3Eg9UQ/edit?usp=sharing>
   - Chat transcript
   <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bl6xkBTX1CmkqT7LaiOUGAvCAwEC0IsNh_ffL103qiw/edit?usp=sharing>
   - Link to the Hennes Communication twice-monthly newsletter if interested
   <https://www.crisiscommunications.com/expertise/newsletters/>

You are welcome to share the links with staff, board members, colleagues,
etc., and to share with me any feedback you have!

This presentation was made possible in part by the Library of Michigan, the
Library of Michigan Foundation, the Institute of Museum and Library
Services, and the University of Michigan School of Information.

Best,
Kristin

--
Kristin Fontichiaro