[Michlib-l] Author fair

Jessica Holman jdholman.npl at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 12:57:18 EDT 2022

The Negaunee Public Library has held something of the sort for a number of
years. During the week that everyone is back for class reunions and other
fanfare, we have hosted 6 or 7 authors in our meeting rooms. Sometimes I've
invited authors personally; this year I reached out to the Upper Peninsula
Publishers and Authors Association and had enough authors volunteer their
time within a day or two of putting out the call.

We do not charge them anything for the space, and provide coffee and water.
They keep all their proceeds from their book sales. Some kindly donate
their books to the library, or offer us discounts.

Participating authors have enjoyed connecting with readers and especially
each other.

Jessica Holman
Library Director
Negaunee Public Library
319 West Case Street
Negaunee, MI 49866
(906) 475-7700 ext. 18
jdholman at uproc.lib.mi.us

On Wed, Sep 28, 2022 at 10:17 AM Jenn Donner via Michlib-l <
michlib-l at mcls.org> wrote:

> I was wondering if any libraries have done an author fair at their
> branches. We are thinking of doing one and inviting local authors and
> Michigan authors to attend. My district has never done one of these but
> we're in the brainstorming stage for planning something for next year.
> Any info would be great! Thanks all.
>
> --
> Jenn Donner, MLIS, M.Ed.
> District Director