[Michlib-l] Jackson District Library-Director Job Posting

Wayne, Danah WayneD at myjdl.com
Thu Sep 29 08:24:01 EDT 2022

Reminder: Closes on October 7, 2022

Due to the retirement of the current Director, Jackson District Library (JDL) seeks a leader who can be the public face of the Library and who prioritizes communication, innovative team building and collaboration with the community. With a strategic plan in place and with exciting ongoing renovation projects, JDL is searching for an ambitious director to ensure implementation of the collection, services, programs and outreach for our community. Our next director needs to possess a thorough knowledge of current trends and best practices for public libraries. The successful candidate will be a community-oriented leader who values the opportunity to interact with the public as a hands-on, customer-service-focused director. If you are looking for a professional challenge, look no further!

JDL is a Class 6 District Library serving Jackson County with a population of approximately 160,000. This includes fourteen (14) physical locations and our exciting new bookmobile. The Library Director leads a staff of 140 employees with eight (8) direct reports and manages an annual operating budget of $11.3 million. JDL serves as a community hub by connecting our patrons to resources, turning outward to support community needs, making decisions based on our mission and values, and to always inspire our communities to discover, learn, and succeed. The Friends of the Library organization also provides support by way of fundraising and special events/projects.

Jackson is located in Mid-Michigan, approximately thirty minutes south of Lansing, forty-five minutes west of Ann Arbor, and forty-five minutes East of Kalamazoo. Jackson County is known for its many lakes and waterways and plentiful golf course opportunities. Jackson County boasts of many beautiful parks such as the Cascade and Ella Sharp parks. In addition, there are an abundance of trails and family friendly festivals and events. Jackson County has diverse educational opportunities including Spring Arbor University, Jackson College and Baker College. Our flagship Carnegie Library opened in 1906 and is a beautiful piece of downtown Jackson architecture and boasts a great front lawn perfect for programming. Also, arguably, Jackson is home of the Original Coney Island hotdog created in 1914 by George Todoroff. It is a great place to work, live, and grow.

Salary range $97,000-$130,000 depending upon qualifications and experience. Full benefit package including paid time-off, health care, dental, vision and MERS retirement.
Danah D Wayne (she/her)
Human Resources Manager
Jackson District Library
O: 517-905-1306