[Michlib-l] Library Assistant I position open at Dorr Township Library

AD Jeffrey Babbitt dorjb at llcoop.org
Wed Apr 19 15:17:58 EDT 2023

PT Library Assistant I, Dorr Township Library. Tuesdays 10-2, Thursdays 12-8, one Saturday per month. Applications accepted until May 12th at 11:59 pm. Please submit your cover letter, resume, and 3 non-familial references to [ mailto:dorrlibrary.mi at gmail.com | dorrlibrary.mi at gmail.com ] with the Subject line “Library Assistant position”.

Dorr Township Library is seeking an entry-level Library Assistant. We are a Class III library in a growing semi-urban community with a population of nearly 8,000 in North Allegan County. The Library Assistant will report to the Director.

Requirements

    *

High school diploma or GED.
    *

Basic clerical skills including computer and telephone skills.
    *

Basic mathematical skills necessary for routine calculations.
    *

Basic “customer service” skills acquired through volunteer or work experience.
    *

Ability to work with general supervision and adhere to established policies and procedures.
    *

Interpersonal and communication skills for interaction with staff and patrons in an effective and courteous manner.
    *

The ability to retrieve library materials from shelves or storage areas and to answer telephone and patron inquiries.
    *

Physical ability to push/pull fully loaded book carts, retrieve or place materials above shoulder or below knee level, and lift/carry materials and delivery bags weighing up to 50 pounds.
    *

Manual dexterity, visual acuity and sufficient keyboarding/PC skills to effectively access information on the computer. Ability to operate a variety of equipment including computer, cash register, fax and copy machine.

Preferred:

    *

Some library experience.

Compensation

Minimum wage ($10.10). Benefits include paid time off and paid holidays.

Jeffrey Babbitt, MLIS
Director
Dorr Township Library
1804 Sunset Dr.