[Michlib-l] Art Items in Makerspace Areas

COO Elyshia Hoekstra cooeh at llcoop.org
Fri Apr 21 11:36:40 EDT 2023

Happy Friday Library Land,

I am looking for some ideas. We recently had a former patron pass away and a fair-ish monetary donation was made to the library in his memory. Both he and his wife were artists, and one of our ideas was to add an art aspect to our makerspace area. However, I'm not sure what that would look like. Do any of you have any art pieces included in your makerspace areas? What do you have? Is it messy and/or expensive to maintain? Does it see a lot of traffic? Anything else I should keep in mind?

You can reply to me off list at [ mailto:cooeh at llcoop.org | cooeh at llcoop.org ] .

Thanks!

Elyshia Hoekstra, Director
Coopersville Area District Library