[Michlib-l] Fwd: Michigan Magnet Man program

Erin Ross e.ross at buchananlibrary.org
Tue Aug 8 17:05:50 EDT 2023

Attached is a message from our director here at the Buchanan District
Library about a program that we highly recommend!  We hosted The Michigan
Magnet Man on Saturday, August 4th.

Today we hosted "The Michigan Magnet Man," Tanner Torrez, and his partner
"Scuba Sonia" for a really cool program all about magnet fishing! We had a
large audience for our small library. While we advertised this as an adult
program, we did have several families bring kids, and Tanner did an
excellent job tailoring his presentation style to the audience. The kids
really enjoyed asking questions and were engaged the whole time. Tanner is
also going to help us figure out how to add a beginner magnet fishing kit
to our Library of Things.

All around, we highly recommend this program! Tanner was great to work with
and the program was fun and informative.

themichiganmagnetman at gmail.com

https://www.youtube.com/@TheMichiganMagnetMan

P.S. We asked our local conservation club to sponsor this event and they
happily supported us. They also helped with advertising. I think it was a
nice way to offer something a little different to a different audience.

Meg Paulette Perez
Director
Buchanan District Library
269.695.3681