[Michlib-l] Upcoming Dearborn Library Programs

Daniel Lodge dlodge at dearborn.gov
Tue Aug 15 12:46:20 EDT 2023

Everyone - The Dearborn Library will be hosting several upcoming programs
supported by the Grant we received from PBS to support their new series
Iconic America. We hope you can join us!

**Tuesday, August 22nd at 6:30pm *- (Statue of Liberty) We will be talking
virtually with Elizabeth Mitchell about her book Liberty's Torch; Ms.
Mitchell’s book details how the efforts of the sculptor Frederic Auguste
Bartholdi made the Statue a reality.

**Wednesday, August 30th at 6:30pm* - (Bald Eagles) Dorothy Mcleer,
the Interpretive
Naturalist from the Environmental Interpretive Center at the University of
Michigan-Dearborn, will be talking in-person on how the number of breeding
pairs of Bald Eagles in Michigan, after being threatened with extinction,
has rebounded significantly during the past decade.

The registration page for each event is located  in the Library’s events
calendar at <https://dearbornlibrary.org/>dearbornlibrary.org.

Dan Lodge

Librarian I Adult Services

Dearborn Public Library