[Michlib-l] Tonight: Historian Gary Gerstle on The Rise and Fall of Neoliberalism

Thomas Trahey ttrahey at mcdlibrary.org
Thu Dec 14 15:26:49 EST 2023

Hello,

    Tonight at 7pm American History Professor Gary Gerstle will speak on
topics related to his new book. Here's what he says about it:

> My new book, *T**he Rise and Fall of the Neoliberal Order: America and
> the World in the Free Market Era*, has just been published by Oxford
> University Press. It tracks the history of neoliberal ideology and policy
> from neoliberalism’s ascent under Ronald Reagan and Bill Clinton through
> its fragmentation and decline in the tumultuous decade following the Great
> Recession, when Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders came to dominate American
> politics.

Join us on Zoom at 7pm at the following link: bit.ly/CairnsAndBeacons.

  This presentation is a part of the Cairns & Beacons lecture and
discussion series <http://www.masoncounty.lib.mi.us/home/cairnsandbeacons/>.
This is the 4th of eight presentations. Upcoming presentations will be on
The Supreme Court, The Republican Party, and The Democratic Party.

--
Thomas Trahey
Mason County District Library