[Michlib-l] Ergonomics Space Assessments and Training

Amy Alcenius amyalcenius at gmail.com
Fri Dec 29 11:36:31 EST 2023

Hey y'all,

I'm the Circulation Manager at Kalamazoo Public Library, and part of my job
is managing the space and workflow for our circulation staff. As I've been
working with the staff in the workspaces, I've been noticing that our set
up feels awkward in ways. For both the efficiency of the work, and the
ongoing physical health and safety of my staff, I'd love to have someone
come in and give recommendations for configuring the space, and/or training
staff on safe lifting, ergonomics, ect.

*Has any libraries done something like this?* My only lead on this so far
is to have a space assessment done through Bronson OT. They would
potentially be able to come do an assessment of the space, but it's
specifically related to my personal OT needs for my wrist tendonitis.

Thank you in advance!

-Amy Alcenius
Circulation Manager, KPL