[Michlib-l] Wireless printing and print release stations

Victor R. Volkman victor at LHPress.com
Thu Feb 2 13:46:50 EST 2023

This brand is popular in Ann Arbor,  I think this would be a lot less
work for your staffers.

https://www.printwithme.com/

On 2/2/2023 1:23 PM, Jennifer Miller via Michlib-l wrote:
> Hello,
> We are looking into the pros and cons of adding a print release
> station to our current wireless printing.
>
> Right now  patrons can send their print jobs directly to our two
> wireless printers, and then they collect their prints and pay at the
> desk.  It's pretty streamlined, and it is on the honor system.  Our
> printers are very near our circ desk, so we don't feel like we have a
> problem with people walking off with their print jobs and not paying.
> There isn't a special app, they just connect to our wireless, then
> choose our printers.
>
> What we don't currently offer is a way for a patron to send a print
> job from an app at home, have the print job stored, and then the print
> job is released when they come into the building using a print release
> station.  Our current set up is also based on either paying cash, or
> credit, but but our credit card limit is $5.  And payment for printing
> always involves staff.
>
> For those of you that offer wireless printing: How happy are you with
> your current solution?
> Is it easy for patrons to use?  Do people actually send their print
> jobs remotely and then release them in the building?  Any information
> on how patrons pay for their prints at the print release station would
> be helpful too.
>
> Thank you!
>

> --
> Jennifer Miller
> Business Manager
> Portage Lake District Library
> 58 Huron St. Houghton, MI 49931
> 906 - 482-4570 x115
> Visit our website at www.pldl.org <http://www.pldl.org>
> Like our FB page at facebook.com/pldl/org <http://facebook.com/pldl/org>
> <http://facebook.com/pldl.org>
>
> /The Mission of the Portage Lake District Library is to inspire our
> diverse community to discover, imagine and connect. Our Vision is an
> educated, connected community of readers, learners, doers and dreamers./

Regards,

Victor R. Volkman, President
L H Press Inc.
www.LHPress.com