[Michlib-l] library culture statement

Heather Harrison hharrison at thegdl.org
Tue Feb 7 13:06:59 EST 2023

I'm seeking input from those who have created a work culture assessment and/or a culture statement, as I'm serving on a committee to develop both for our library. Our plan is to use the work culture assessment to design a process for culture discussions, which would then inform the library's culture statement. I'm finding library culture statement examples from several libraries in Illinois, but not much in Michigan. I'd be interested in hearing from those who have done this or are considering it. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Heather Harrison
Youth Services Librarian
Genesee District Library
4195 W Pasadena Ave., Flint, MI 48504