[Michlib-l] Library General Fund Balance

Jack Buck jbuck at richlandlibrary.org
Tue Feb 14 09:24:58 EST 2023

Hello -

Is there an average/standard practice for a library's general fund balance? Our board and I are interested in gauging whether we are spending as much as we should be. There's the potential question from the public of why go for a millage if you have "x" amount saved away.

I asked my library cooperative, and received a handful of responses, varying widely from 15-60%. Given that broad range, was hoping to narrow it down to have a better idea.

Thanks.

Jack Buck
Richland Community Library

--
This message has been scanned by E.F.A. Project and is believed to be clean.