[Michlib-l] [Miyouth] Ages for Programs

Sara Grochowski sgrochowski at alpenalibrary.org
Wed Jan 11 12:49:56 EST 2023

We have many homeschool families who don't do grade level, so I try not to
use that system too often. We do the following, which has some overlap so
kids/parents can decide if the younger or older program is best for that
particular kiddo.

Baby - Ages 0-3
Toddler - Ages 2-5
Early El - Ages 6-9
Upper El - Ages 9-12
Teen -  Ages 12-18

On Wed, Jan 11, 2023 at 10:28 AM Jennifer Perryman via Miyouth <
miyouth at mcls.org> wrote:

> Good morning,
>
> We list recommended ages, and allow siblings to attend for our younger
> children's programs.  Young children can't come alone and families with
> young children can't leave one child behind, so they either all come or
> none.  The activities are for the ages listed; older/younger siblings can
> participate as much/as little as works for them.
>
> Older children's programs (3rd - 5th grade) are usually just for that age
> group.  Parents are in the building, but not necessarily in the room, so
> younger siblings can be elsewhere in the library with the parent/adult.
>
> Teen programs are definitely ONLY for teens, only the grade levels
> listed.  They need their own space.
>

> Thank you,
> Jennifer Perryman
> Youth Services Coordinator
>
> Milan Public Library
> 151 Wabash Street • Milan, MI 48160
> (734) 439-1240 • www.milanlibrary.org
> Facebook
> <https://www.facebook.com/pages/Milan-Public-Library-Milan-Michigan/148074831645>
>  • Instagram <https://www.instagram.com/milanpubliclibrary/>
>
> Our hours:
> Monday/Wednesday/Friday 10:00 - 6:00
> Tuesday/Thursday 1:00 - 8:00
> Saturday 10:00 - 4:00

*My work day may differ from yours. Please do not feel pressure to respond
outside of your regular work day!*

*Sara Grochowski (*she/her)
Head of Youth Services
*Alpena County George N. Fletcher Public Library*
211 N 1st Ave
Alpena, MI 49707
(989) 356-6188 ext 24
sgrochowski at alpenalibrary.org