[Michlib-l] performance recommendation

Stair Library stairlibrary at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 18:39:26 EDT 2023

Hi all,
We hosted the highly energetic Bichini Bia Congo Dance Theater today in our
tiny library. I highly recommend them! They are very engaging and relate
very easily to the audience...including lots of audience participation with
call and response and dancing.
We've hosted them before in a couple other locations in town, but this time
we had them in the library and it was a much more intimate affair (We moved
bookshelves and tables/chairs, creating an approximately 19 by 33-foot
performance and seating area with overflow seating in our children's and
teen areas to fit 85 patrons).

There were four main drummers and five dancers (one of whom also drummed).
Additional instruments were incorporated into the performance.

They are still booking for this season and they'd be great for next
summer's adventure theme (the main speaker tells the kids they're going on
a trip to the Congo and teaches them some words to use).

Contact:
bichinibiacongo at gmail.com
Serita Ibarra-Leonard
Booking Manager/Member