[Michlib-l] Managing Digital Images - Library Program Available for Public Libraries & Cultural Organizations - Scheduling for Fall 2023 and Winter 2024

Corey Seeman cseeman at umich.edu
Sat Jul 15 21:41:34 EDT 2023

Hi everyone -

I hope you are all well.

I have enjoyed providing my program on managing digital images on cloud
services for Michigan Libraries over the last couple of years.

I am going to continue to make this program available to the Michigan
Library community (and others) on managing and organizing digital
pictures.  I have done a number of programs this year in person and will
continue doing that.  I am also available via Zoom for libraries that are a
bit further afield from Southeast Michigan.  With that in mind, I am open
to providing this for libraries and cultural institutions outside of
Michigan, as long as the logistics worked out.

Here is the program information:

Title: Managing Digital Images: Finding, Saving, Sharing and Organizing The
Pictures of Your Life!

Presenter: Corey Seeman (Director, Kresge Library Services, Ross School of
Business - University of Michigan) - cseeman at umich.edu

Corey's flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/cseeman/

Corey's personal website: https://www.squirreldude.com/home

Program page (including the most recent slidedeck used):

https://www.squirreldude.com/photography-programs

Seems that everyone is a photographer these days.  We use our smartphones,
our tablets, and even some people even use cameras.  With the ease of
taking pictures, we find ourselves with a new concern.  How do we manage,
save and share these pictures? This program will introduce you to photo
sharing services that are available from companies such as Google, Apple,
facebook and flickr (among others) and how to organize them for easy
retrieval. We will look at ways organize, backup and share pictures with
friends and family.  We will also explore how images are found by others
(using tags or search terms), if you want to share more broadly.  This
could be the perfect session if you want to do something with all those
pictures on your phone or clogging up your SD card!

--end--

Realistically, I would be happy to do this virtually anywhere and could
schedule anytime over the next year or so.  I would also be happy to do
this in-person if you are close to Ann Arbor & Ypsilanti.  There would not
be any charge for a virtual presentation.  If you would like an in-person
session, there may be a charge for travel if not in Southeast Michigan.

I had fun presenting on this topic and would be happy to do it again for
your community. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out.

Best wishes for the remainder of the Summer!

Best - Corey

Corey Seeman

Director, Kresge Library Services & Librarian (
http://www.bus.umich.edu/kresgelibrary/)
Stephen M. Ross School of Business
University of Michigan
700 East University Avenue
Kresge Hall, 4th Floor East, Suite K4511
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1234
734-764-9969 (office - softphone via Zoom)
734-717-9734 (cell)
cseeman at umich.edu

Twitter @cseeman
ORCID: http://orcid.org/0000-0001-8205-1255
Corey's Web Home: https://www.squirreldude.com/
[image: ][image: ][image: ][image: ][image: ][image: ][image: ][image:
][image: ][image: ]