[Michlib-l] Reminder: Book and Author Grant Opportunity

Katie Greer greer at oakland.edu
Wed Jul 26 10:30:02 EDT 2023

Hi all,

This is just a reminder that grant applications for our *new* Robert Gaylor
IDEA aware are due August 14th! Below is the original message, as a
refresher. :)

The Book and Author Society (www.bookandauthor.org) is very excited to
announce that, after a several-year hiatus due to a global plague, our
author luncheons will be returning this fall! Please mark your calendars
for October 11, from 11:30-2pm at Laurel Manor Banquet & Conference Center
in Livonia--details on featured authors and ticket sales will be
forthcoming later this summer.

During the luncheon we will be presenting a brand new grant, created in
honor of our former president and one of our founding members, Robert Gaylor
. The Robert Gaylor IDEA award complements the spirit of the Gaylor Collection
at Oakland University
<https://library.oakland.edu/collections/special/gaylor.html>, which
contains “many titles of historical significance related to GLBT lives”
from the mid-20th century to the present, and represents a lifetime of
careful stewardship of the records of these communities.

This *$2000 grant *will be awarded to a library or literacy organization in
the metropolitan-Detroit area for the *purpose of supporting a collection,
technological needs, or programming to support inclusion, diversity,
equity, or accessibility (IDEA).*

Grant applications are due by *August 14, at the link below. *Winners will
be notified prior to the luncheon and will be provided with two
complimentary tickets to the luncheon.
https://oakland.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_2fnR2NrPZ80Tr7w

Any questions, please feel free to contact board at bookandauthor.org or use
the "contact us" form on our website.

Thank you all, and we hope to see you in October!

--
Katie Greer
she / her