[Michlib-l] Event at Ypsilanti Library

Aaron Smith a4smith5 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 11:21:29 EDT 2023

Hello Michlib listserv crew!

This is Aaron Smith, an Adult Services Librarian at Ypsilanti Library's
downtown Michigan Avenue branch. We have an event coming up next Monday
July 5 that I'm hoping can be shared through the listserv for folks to know
about.

A PDF of our event flier is attached, and here is our library's event link:
https://attend.ypsilibrary.org/event/8274166

*Michigan Notable Book Talk -- Hadha Baladuna: Arab American Narratives of
Boundary and Belonging*

*Monday, June 05 from 6:00pm - 8:00pm *
*YDL - Mich Ave, 229 West Michigan Avenue, Ypsilanti, MI 48197*

This year, the Michigan Avenue branch is a stop on the 2023 Michigan
Notable Books tour! Ghassan Zeineddine and Sally Howell, two of the editors
for Hadha Baladuna: Arab American Narratives of Boundary and Belonging,
will join us to read and discuss their work.

As described on the publisher's website: "Hadha Baladuna ('this is our
country') is the first work of creative nonfiction in the field of Arab
American literature that focuses entirely on the Arab diaspora in Metro
Detroit, an area with the highest concentration of Arab Americans in the
US. Editors Ghassan Zeineddine, Nabeel Abraham, and Sally Howell have
assembled a cast of emerging and established writers from a wide array of
communities, including cultural heritages originating from Lebanon,
Palestine, Iraq, and Yemen."

This event will be live inside the Michigan Avenue branch, streamed on the
library's Facebook page, and archived afterward on the library's YouTube
page.

Questions? Contact librarian Aaron Smith at asmith at ypsilibrary.org for more
information.

Made possible with support from the Library of Michigan.

***

Aaron Smith
he / they
Adult Services Librarian